Wednesday, November 18, 2009

48 Hours to Go...

I'm going to really have to work at this to make it a habit! The last couple of days I haven't even turned on the TV after school ... this is testing week at school and I've been bringing home tests daily to grade and bubble - just because I don't trust seven-year olds to be in control of their grades - once it's in the computer it can't be changed. It's one thing if they fail, but if they fail just because they bubble wrong - I don't think that is fair.

Wow... I'm so random. I'm totally stressed out this week. Completely forgot about the Literacy Luncheon that all the team leaders were supposed to attend. I had to farm out my kids to the other teachers last minute (which they were not happy about). At first I was kind of upset about having to leave when I had such a good day of lessons planned, but it turned out nice. We were gone for about an hour and a half and had a wonderful STEAK dinner catered! But when we got back the kids were nuts and we got nothing accomplished. I called the loss and we went outside for an extended recess. I really enjoy being team leader. I get to get it on all the behind the scenes stuff and get to make important decisions about how our grade level is run. I am just not a good delegator and I like to do things myself - mainly out of fear that it will not get done to my standards. Take Pow-Wow for example...

I am so glad it's almost over by the way. I've done pretty much the entire thing myself. Ordered, picked up, and sorted 200 paper bags from the grocery store; set up station rotations and sent out parent notes; copied 268 copies of four different Thanksgiving activities for afterwards; cut 8 sets of 20 pieces of yarn to make necklaces; and started dying noodles for the necklaces. After a few minutes a couple others came to help then. The only nice thing is that we smelled the lounge up with rubbing alcohol and no one wanted to come in so we had the copier to ourselves. Haha.

It'll all be over Friday, and I can't wait. Is it too early to start counting down hours now? Let's see... about 48 hours until freedom. For a week anyway... hopefully that will be enough to refresh myself and hit it hard the next three weeks until Christmas. I have tons of challenges with my kids and more come up every day but I still feel like I am doing a good job with them. Doesn't mean we all don't deserve a break!

It's sad how we spend most of our life wishing time would go faster. I know I will look back and wish I didn't. My early new years resolution - find something positive in every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment